Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby Red Rash On Cheeks And Chin

At honor Vaco Baissac The choice of PM

Fifty-five years of painting. And two paintings donated to Marie-Luce Penchard, Secretary of State for Overseas France and Didier Robert, president of the Regional Council of Reunion. That was last week. During his official visit to the sister island, the Prime Minister (PM) has offered two tables Vaco Baissac Dignitaries who were receiving.
" You know, I do not look at those cases to the " says, detached, Vaco Baissac. Detached? Do not stop at its playful tone and a bit flippant. Even when you ask what are the titles of these two tables and he answers, " I do not know, I am ordering a bunch of things ," and he adds that this is not the first time one of his paintings adorn a VIP lounge. Let
take his time. To be himself. And you get out, " PM me for ordering tables offer and he is absolutely right because if chose mine is that my painting is the most representative of Mauritius. This is the best reward, because I love Maurice as one loves a person . A painting that has seized up dump trucks, to buses for tourists, plates, stained glass, textiles ... " I have always represented Mauritius. I've always done very well be an ambassador of color. 'presence - ubiquitous? - Which means that we recognize a Vaco Baissac first glance. Whether the colors never sad, the compositions where the bird sings beside the swimming fish, the mango tree laden with fruit ripe or women going about the occupations of everyday life.
However, do not believe that the painter jack-of-all does not recur. " The artist is renewed in the sense that it drops the superfluous. He himself claims to have given up many things, obeying one of his professors, the late Serge Constantin said, "we must know s'ar rĂȘter. " I think now I know stop." Avoid just time that the work is overloaded.
This is a stripped Vaco Baissac? Yes, he says emphatically, showing us a woman leaning on her pottery. " Yes, he's inside his sweat, his gestures and colors. 20 years ago, there were lots of details, now instead of confuse me with the details, I'm going to the essential . A key area where one who has "been too influenced can not be influenced nce. Y he Baissac bad? The same voice full of energy again, with piercing blue eyes fixed on you as a bonus. "There is no Vaco Baissac bad, there are some that are better than others. There are some I like more than others. A painting is like a woman, the more it gives you so the twisting, the more you like it. "Beloved, Baissac? Enough in any case to be one of the few painters of Mauritians living his art. When it is pointed out to him, Vaco - as he insists on calling himself says: "I paint 55 years ago, I made all sorts of odd jobs. I sold encyclopedias to Paris, I worked hard, I persisted because I knew I was good . "

Source: L'Express, Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Aline Graeme Harmon

0 comments:

Post a Comment