Thursday, April 23, 2009

What Does Ringworm Look Like When Its Healing?

Graffiti's Aqueduct Aqueduct at Louveciennes Louveciennes

Following my article on the aqueduct Louveciennes, I wanted to tell you another thing about this monument, I thought that the art of tagging and graffiti had been created to second half of the 20th century, well what you see here has shown me otherwise and the extent of my ignorance about this art more "Antique" as I thought:


Some stones of the aqueduct are etched with graffiti, often high enough that they can not be retouched. The notches are not original and it does not show signs of trades, but the work of climbers. They are sometimes mini-chapels, hearts and crosses, ex-voto popular aroused by the presence of the cemetery in the shade of the arches after 1870. Some will register a name or date. The soldiers, who occupy the adjoining battery "Arches" in 1879, also contribute. The battery, decommissioned in 1926, belongs to the City Louveciennes since 1972.

0 comments:

Post a Comment